About Home Search
What to Expect
Like an experienced knowledgeable loan officer, a great realtor can make all the difference. We know the best Realtors in the area, so tell us if you need one. James will make the introduction and get you everything you need to being your search. (Did you know that a Buyer's Agent is free to home buyers? The Buyer's Agent is paid from the commission the sellers pay to the Selling Agent. The sellers would pay the same commission either way, so it doesn't hurt a thing to make sure you have representation). Don't be afraid to use us as a resource when figuring out monthly payments and looking at different options.
What We Need From You
- When you have found the right home and you're ready to sign the purchase & sale agreement, give us a call.
- We will schedule a time to review all the details of the next steps, answer any questions and get ready to move your application into processing.
- We'll need a copy of your Agreement of Sale.
- Begin researching Insurance companies for your Home Owners Insurance. We can also assist you with this too!
- Consider getting a Home Inspection to catch any potential problems or 'deal-breakers.'
- Keep us posted on your progress and don't hesitate to call us for guidance. We're happy to help!
- Keep any credit card balances spread evenly across your cards for best credit scores. The credit bureaus look at percentages and ratios when judging your score, so an even spread helps more than debt consolidation.
Don't overextend yourself. Life can bring unexpected turns, and you want to be sure you're getting into a debt obligation you can manage comfortably. Your realtor may be able to negotiate the sales price down a little, but try to be realistic about what size of monthly payment you can handle, and search for homes with that in mind.